YouTube Photography Channels Worth Subscribing
The internet is full of great photographers who are open and willing to share their knowledge with beginners. No matter what you are trying to learn, there is a tutorial, video or pod cast that goes along with it. As you start mining these resources you will come to find a favorite photographer or that one or two 'go to' sites. Here are a few YouTube channels that I found have overall good quality information for beginners and advanced shooters alike.
- Adorama TV - Sponsored by the Adorama store in New York City, this channels contains TONS of instructional videos, reviews and interviews to keep you busy for the next quarter century. Want to find out about a piece of gear before buying? Want to understand some basic principles of photography or lighting? This is my number one recommended channel to subscribe to.
- B&H Photo Video Pro Audio -B&H's Event Space is synonymous with free quality information from top notch professionals. Their free workshops offered at their NYC store is always filmed and posted to their YouTube channel for everyone to view.
- Klaus Herrnamm -If high dynamic range (HDR) photography is your thing, Klaus has all the tutorials you need. His award winning photos are simply breathtaking and he holds nothing back on how he created them.
- The Art of Photography - Ted Forbes offers something a little different than other online photo instructors. Coming from a background firmly rooted in film, Ted not only offers how to tutorials he also imparts photographic wisdom and history.
- Learn My Shot - Robert Grant and Sasha Gitin are two professional photographers based out of New York. They offer up quick little tutorials targeted to a specific type of shot or effect. They explain how to use simple gear, often home made stuff, mixed with simple techniques to get maximum impact.
- Gavin Hoey - Gavin is a UK based photographer and instructor who shares a full range of videos that cover everything from shooting to editing, all done with that wonderfully quirky British style.
- Kelby Media Group - Scott Kelby, Joe McNally, RC Concepcion, these are some really big names in photo training these days. Their productions run the gamut from tips and tricks to interviews and photo news. This channels will keep you informed on what is happening in the digital imaging world.